Student Ministry Parent Page
Our Student Ministry realizes that we are not the answer to disciplining students… parents are! We are excited to get to partner with parents in ministering to their students, even in the midst of changing dynamics in their relationship with their students. The following is a list of resources that we encourage you as a parent to utilize to continue connecting with your student and help them grow in their faith.
Every Parent A Volunteer: You heard us right…we need as many volunteers as possible to help us connect with students and their parents. From greeters and crowd control on Wednesday nights to small group leaders and game organizers, there is a role for everyone.”
Please contact us today to get in the game serving in student ministry. If you don’t who will? Email Erin in the student office to volunteer! Erinemail@example.com
Awesome Parent Links:
- Get the skinny on all movies or TV shows that your students are watching: http://www.pluggedin.com/
- Center for Parent and Youth Understanding (understand your students better): www.cpyu.org
- Enriching your home life: www.youthbuilders.com
Parent Resource on Sex and Purity: No doubt this is a difficult subject for all parents. Our desire is to do everything we can to help you as parents to have the important conversations with your teen about sex and their need to commit themselves to purity. Here is a cool resource we have created to help you have those conversations and create a unique experience for them when they are ready to commit themselves to purity.
Students & Pornography: Students today are flooded with sexual images and ideas. Everywhere they turn there is an opportunity for pornography. Internet, TV, magazines, etc., are an outlet for this sin. No student is immune, so we’re sharing a link filled with facts, risks and steps to take to conquer this tough subject. (We advise all parents to read this article.)
Suggested Reading for Parents:
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity by Reggie Joiner (WOW!)
- The Be With Factor by Bo Boshers (Great book on mentoring teens!)
- The Space Between by Walt Mueller
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Youth Culture 101 by Walt Mueller
- Logged On and Tuned Out by Vicki Courtney
- It’s Better to Build Boys than Build Men by S. Truett Cathy
- Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham Jr.
- Raising a Modern-Day Knight by Robert Lewis
- 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom by Angela Thomas
- 52 Things Kids Need from a Dad by Jay Payleither
Parents Ministry R. O. P. E.
Welcome to the resource section for Rites Of Passage Material.
Review the TABS on the right for the R.O.P.E material provided for your Child’s Grade level.